We are passionate about creating a sustainable future for the people of Corby. We believe that by working together, we can make a difference and help preserve our planet for future generations. We are committed to doing our part in protecting the environment and making Corby a greener, more sustainable place to live.
- Increase the use of green electricity in the borough of Corby
- Minimise energy use wherever possible
- Continual improvement on environmental issues where economically feasible
- Control the activities of the company to minimise risk of pollution to the environment
- Minimise the production of waste where possible and any disposal of waste produced will be carried out with due care for the environment
- Minimise the use of new products where other recycled materials are a suitable substitute
- Make every effort to ensure that where waste materials or products can be recycled they are recycled in an environmentally responsible way in order to conserve resources
- Ensure that our operations comply with or exceed current legislation and other relevant requirements
- Be a responsible employer
- Ensure that all employees carry out their duties in line with the above statement and, through training, are aware of their obligations
- Continue to support our team in their working from home arrangements
- Refresh and keep publicly available our Environmental Policy on our website
- Continue to encourage our virtual working arrangement
- Use electronic means of media before printing, and where we print reuse paper before recycling
- Switch off and monitor electronic use in our individual spaces minimising equipment and lighting use as much as possible.
- We will use low energy lighting and A rated appliances wherever possible
- Hosts any events at low carbon buildings with charging infrastructure for EV’s
- Encourage our team who work from home to recycle printer cartridges, batteries and compost kitchen waste
- When attending events or in-person meetings use public transport, electric vehicles or car share, wherever possible and practical.
- Continue to make use of conference calls, Skype and other digital means to reduce the need for travel to meeting
This policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisation overall environment management plan. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org