We’re looking for a Project Manager to help us deliver the next wave of projects at Electric Corby Community Interest Company. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and motivated team player that shares our aspirations to help shape a sustainable future for Corby over the years to come who will gain an in depth knowledge of smart energy, sustainable construction and future transport solutions.
We work across the private and public sector and you’ll take a leading role in the development and delivery of our Community Energy programme creating smart energy solutions to reduce costs, consumption and CO2 outputs for residents and businesses. You’ll also be responsible for leading the delivery of our current heat storage project with partners in the UK and across Europe under an EU Horizon 2020 programme.
What can you bring?
We’re looking for someone with knowledge of, and interest in energy and delivering benefits for communities. You will also bring enthusiasm and a positive, flexible approach to help us develop as a business and deliver current and future projects.
The ideal Project Manager will have the following:
- experience of delivering projects with multiple partners and stakeholders on time and on budget
- experience of projects in the energy sector, preferably relating to renewable solutions
- the ability to assimilate complex situations and explain them simply to others
- comfortable communicating with colleagues, customers and stakeholders at all levels
- the commitment to see the work through to the end – major work like this take time
- super organised with exceptional written records and an ability to direct and supervise the work of others
- a proven self-driver with a relentless desire for constant and ongoing improvement, linked with a passion for never ending learning that can feed into the project.
- good degree level education and project management qualifications
What can you expect?
Reward: £27,000 – £39,000 pa, a Workplace Pension and 25 days Annual Leave + 1 for every year with us
As well as the usual stuff, we operate a flexible workplace. Dolly Parton may have to work from Nine to Five but you don’t have to. So, while there are no promises, we’re open to a chat about flexible working as we reckon that if it’s good for you, then it’s good for us.
- Working in and managing projects by proactively identifying, tracking, analysing and meeting Electric Corby delivery responsibilities, with always up date to comprehensive written records.
- Coordinating internal resources and partner support for the effective execution of projects
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress with regular written and oral updates to the team and management (to be defined and agreed)
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with clients and all stakeholders
- define and manage risks in a formal manner
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Represent Electric Corby as required
- Development and manage all project documents, ppts, infographics, etc. to meet Electric Corby project tasks and develop for use to promote Electric Corby project expertise.
- Support and where appropriate lead on new project proposals
- Degree level
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in energy and/or community based projects
- Excellent client/public-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Able to prioritise responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
If you wish to be considered for this positions, please complete the form here and don’t forget to attach your CV to that form.
Closing date for applications is 24th March and we anticipate interviewing on 30th / 31st March.