We’re looking for a Project Assistant to help us deliver the next wave projects at Electric Corby Community Interest Company. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and motivated team player that shares our aspirations to help shape a sustainable future for Corby over the years to come who will gain an in depth knowledge of smart energy, sustainable construction and future transport solutions.
We work across the private and public sector and you’ll take a supporting role in the development and delivery of our Community Energy programme creating smart energy solutions to reduce costs, consumption and CO2 outputs for residents and businesses. You’ll also be supporting the delivery of our current heat storage project with partners in the UK and across Europe and of our latest Zero Energy Bill housing scheme.
What can you bring?
We’re looking for someone with enthusiasm and a positive, co-operative and flexible approach to provide comprehensive support to our team as we take forward projects in energy and deliver for communities. You will also bring an active and creative approach to supporting the marketing and community engagement activities of the team including the maintenance of an extensive and growing contact database.
The ideal Project Assistant will have the following:
- experience of delivering projects with multiple partners and stakeholders
- experience and/or knowledge of the energy sector, preferably relating to renewable solutions
- the ability to assimilate complex situations and explain them simply to others
- comfortable communicating with colleagues, customers and stakeholders at all levels
- the commitment to see the work through to the end – major work like this takes time
- super organised with great written skills
- keen to develop your skills in a fast moving environment
- a relentless desire to improve things
What can you expect?
Training and Development
Reward: £18,500 – £24,500 pa, a Workplace Pension and 25 days Annual Leave + 1 for every year with us
As well as the usual stuff, we operate a flexible workplace. Dolly Parton may have to work from Nine to Five but you don’t have to. So, while there are no promises, we’re open to a chat about flexible working as we reckon that if it’s good for you, then it’s good for us.
- Working in projects supporting the tracking, analysing and completion of Electric Corby delivery responsibilities.
- Ensuring that all project activity is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Support relationships with the client and all stakeholders
- Maintaining and updating project online presence including website and social media
- Help identify and support risk management activity to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Represent Electric Corby in certain project meetings (virtual and physical) and contribute to excellent project records.
- Contribute to documents, ppts, infographics, etc. to meet Electric Corby project tasks and develop for use to promote Electric Corby project expertise.
- Support the team on new project proposals
- Degree level ideally or equivalent work experience and qualifications
- Good client/public-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office essential and experience of CRM packages desirable
- Comfortable and competent researching and writing online
- Able to priorities responsibilities
If you wish to be considered for this positions, please complete the form here and don’t forget to attach your CV to that form.
Closing date for applications is 31st March and we anticipate interviewing on 6th / 7th April